Welcome to Washington Electric, your one-stop-shop for all your electrical needs. We are proud to announce that we now offer the installation of the F-150 Ford Lightning Bi-directional inverter system, which allows you to use your truck to power your home during a power outage. This innovative system provides the best of both worlds as your truck battery gets multiple uses, making it the best pricing per kWh you can purchase in home standby battery technology.
At Washington Electric, we understand the importance of having a reliable power source during an outage. That’s why we are excited to offer the Ford Lightning Bi-directional inverter system as a solution to your power needs. With this system, you can use your Ford F-150 Lightning to power your home for hours or even days in the event of an outage.
Our team of certified and experienced electricians can install the Ford Lightning Bi-directional inverter system directly at your home or business. We are committed to providing the highest quality workmanship and customer service. You can count on us to get the job done right the first time, every time.
To schedule an installation or to learn more about the Ford Lightning Bi-directional inverter system, give us a call at 253-200-1119. We are available to answer any questions you may have and to provide you with a free estimate.
Alternatively, you can choose to work with Ford’s certified partner Sunrun, but you will probably find us there in Seattle! We’re the number one installer!
Don’t wait until the next power outage to think about your backup power needs. Contact Washington Electric today and let us help you keep your home or business powered up and running.
Home Charging Options
Mobile Power Cord
- Comes standard with Ford F-150 Lightning
- Requires the NEMA 14-50 outlet to charge
Ford Charge Station Pro
- Offers Ford Lightning customers mobile access to monitor and control the charging of your vehicle
- The Charge Station Pro is required for the Ford Intelligent Backup Power system
- The Charge Station Pro has a faster charge time than the Mobile Power Cord
Home Integration System with Intelligent Backup Power
- You can use your Ford Lightning as a backup power source for when the power goes out
- The Ford Charge Station Pro is required to use the Home Integration System
- A Home Power Inverter is required to create a bi-directional power flow
Tech Specs Ford Intelligent Backup Power
Required Vehicle Charger and Software
- 80-amp Ford Charge Station Pro must be installed along with the inverter
- This charger comes with the extended range F-150 Lightning. It can be purchased separately if a different model of the Lightning was purchased.
Required Home Integration System
- System must be purchased from Ford’s Inverter manufacturer. Due to installation requirements, Washington Generators cannot provide the inverter, but we can help your order it directly.
- Installation requires permits and local utility coordination. Washington Generators purchases and coordinates permit inspections and scheduling.
- Washington Generators is a preferred installer for Ford, ensuring that all installation requirements of Ford are met. We can help you order the required materials from the inverter manufacturer.
- Must be hardwired to the home.
- Can be installed either indoors or outdoors
- 100amp circuit is recommended for best charging performance, but we can install the minimum 80amp circuit.
- If you have an older panel or smaller panel, a panel upgrade may be required.
- If you have a smaller electrical service (such as a 125amp service) or electrical meter, you may need to upgrade this service. Washington Generators can help with the service upgrade so you can bundle all the work together into one project.